5 Advantages of Laminate Flooring
Hardwood flooring seems to be at the forefront of many a prospective homeowner’s dreams. Rustic charm has increased in appeal over the past few years, and you’ll now find wooden features a highlight in many homes. Beautiful as it may be, wood is an expensive material and requires considerable maintenance. Did you know that laminate flooring can achieve nearly the same effect in your home with a number of benefits that far outweigh those of natural wood? Below are five of the top reasons to explore the latest innovations and styles in laminate flooring.
- Laminate flooring is cheaper than hardwood options. Some research suggests that laminate can cost as much as 50% less than its hardwood counterparts.
- Laminate flooring is very durable and can withstand scratches and harsher cleaning products. Where you’d need to exercise caution with real wood – in particular, if you have a large family or pets that could scratch it – laminate will hold its shape and lustre for many years to come.
- Laminate is easy to install. We’d say it’s so easy you could even do it yourself, although professional installation is, of course, always recommended. Laminate is uniformly designed and produced, meaning that each piece simply clicks into the other and looks the same as the other pieces. Where hardwood would show some variation (which can be nice but can also be an issue without the help of a true expert), laminate will look great throughout.
- Laminate flooring is easy to clean. As we mentioned above, laminate will withstand all of your standard cleaning products beautifully. It can easily be mopped or disinfected, perfect if you have children or pets, and won’t stain easily.
- You don’t need to sand or re-finish laminate flooring. Where hardwood floors would need some significant attention every few years, laminate will stay looking fresh and new for many years.
Laminate remains one of the most popular flooring options you can choose in the UK and will increase the value of your home in comparison with many other flooring materials.
If you love the rustic charm that hardwood flooring offers but don’t want the steeper price tag or higher maintenance, laminate flooring is for you. It can give you all of the same beauty and styling options, but with a number of significant benefits, as outlined above.
Why not contact our friendly team today and have a chat about your options? We’re more than happy to help you choose your perfect laminate flooring solution.